Friday 21 August 2009

I absolutely love reading. Anything. I do of course have favourite genres, but I am likely to give anything a try, at least once. I do however, find it difficult to choose a book to buy, there are so many I don't know where to start. It's always exciting when I discover a new author that I enjoy reading, even better when it's an author that is new to me but has been on the scene for years or decades (or even centuries!).

To this end, I thought I'd share what I enjoyed about some of the books I've read and what I haven't been so keen on about some. An informal kind of review I guess. What I say is by no means definitive, it's purely my opinion, and offered to help you decide what you might like to read, and even for feedback as to what I might like.

As you can see, this is my first blog. My aim is to post some comments I've already written fairly soon, and also my Top 10 books so far and a list of my favourite authors so you can see where I'm coming from.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what I might want to consider reading. I'm ashamed to admit my knowledge of the classics is fairly slim and this is something I'm planning on acting on. But it is tricky to know where to start! So again, suggestions welcome.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Well as far as classics go, they can be just as diverse as today's books. So it would depend some on your tastes but there are a few that I think most everyone can enjoy:

    Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe
    Sherlock Holmes novels - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    Count of Monte Cristo - Alexander Dumas
    The War of the Worlds - H.G. Wells

    Obviously these aren't the most literary choices, but they are a good starting point to realize that great and amazing stories have been written centuries ago and can be enjoyable today

    just my 2 cents, good luck with your new blog!

    ReplyDelete